A MOMMY MAKEOVER
AT THE KOEBE KLINIK
Pregnancy is a fascinating time in which the female body undergoes many changes. The human body does extraordinary things during this short time. After pregnancy and breastfeeding, many parts of the body can regress in just as short period of time. Sometimes, however, the body takes a little longer to complete this regression – and, in many cases, not everything returns to the way it was before the pregnancy.
Pregnancy places significant strain on the abdominal wall, which does not always fully recover after giving birth. A woman’s breasts may also become slack due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. It can often prove exceptionally difficult to remedy the fatty padding that builds up over a pregnancy.
Such consequences of pregnancy can be very troubling for a new mother and even lead to physical complaints. This could relate, for example, to changes in the intimate region – which, beyond being seen as unattractive can, in the worst case, cause pain during exercise or sexual intercourse.
In our mommy makeover treatment, we aim to help our patients to have regain a sense of body positivity. The principle behind the treatment originated in the USA. By combining several procedures, we carefully correct the unwanted traces of pregnancy. We will create an individual treatment plan for you, tailored to your specific problem areas down to the last detail.
At the KOEBE KLINIK, Dr Hermann Koebe is your mommy makeover specialist. Dr Koebe is our experienced senior physician personally performs all procedures. He works with great care and finesse, following a conceptual approach to combine your desired procedures and achieve the best possible results for you.
Depending on your wishes and expectations, we can incorporate different treatments in the mommy makeover procedure. These often include an abdominal lift (also known as a tummy tuck, it can also be incorporated as part of a mini-abdominal lift), liposuction and a breast lift as well as, potentially, corrective treatment in the intimate region. However, the precise treatment plan can vary greatly from patient to patient. While one woman might only want a slight breast correction, another might be looking for a comprehensive, all-round treatment. Dr Hermann Koebe will hold a detailed consultation and work with you to decide which procedures you would like.
Regardless of what your problem areas and wishes are, at the KOEBE KLINIK we would be happy to help. Make an appointment now with no obligation to proceed and our experienced specialist in plastic surgery, Dr Hermann Koebe, will be happy to offer his personal advice.
FAQS ABOUT MOMMY MAKEOVERS
Depending on your specific problem areas, a mommy makeover can be adapted to include different treatments. The most common procedures include:
- Breast lift
- Breast augmentation with implants or autologous fat transfer
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) / mini-abdominoplasty
- Corrective intimate surgery
Dr Hermann Koebe consults each patient to agree which treatment steps will be performed. He creates a treatment plan precisely tailored to the wishes and needs of each individual patient.
The required preparation for surgery depends on the type of procedure. Dr Koebe will personally inform you of any specific instructions.
You should temporarily stop taking anticoagulant or blood-thinning medication for at least two weeks before each procedure. This also applies to over-the-counter medicines such as aspirin and various flu medications. If you have been prescribed specific medication, Dr Koebe will discuss possible alternatives with you prior to treatment.
In the days after the treatment, you should rest and look after your body. During your stay at the KOEBE KLINIK, we will provide detailed aftercare instructions after each procedure.
A mommy makeover is a combination treatment tailored to the individual patient. We therefore hold an in-depth consultation and make preparations before the procedures themselves. Dr Hermann Koebe will work with you to explain clearly what results you can expect from the treatment and how best to achieve them. He will then draw up a detailed treatment plan.
The individual procedures usually take place separately. You should allow adequate recovery time between each step. In individual cases, several treatments can be performed during one procedure – such as by combining a breast lift or breast augmentation with a mini abdominal lift, for example.
A few months after all treatments have been completed, we will be able to assess the final results. By this time, any swelling should have receded. Of course, Dr Hermann Koebe will be there to support and assist you during this time if you any have questions or queries. Dr Koebe will also check the healing process on a regular basis.
Whether or not a mommy makeover will leave behind scars depends on the type of procedures performed. Liposuction, for instance, does not leave any noticeable scars; Dr Koebe exclusively works with fine cannulas that only make tiny skin wounds.
Abdominoplasty and breast lifts usually result in visible scars. However, we make the incisions in places where they will be as inconspicuous as possible and can be well concealed with underwear. A breast augmentation procedure with incisions in the armpit area, for example, results in no scarring on the breasts themselves – the fine scars are well hidden in the underarm area. In general, any scars also gradually fade after 1 to 1.5 years to the point where they are barely visible. We can also remove or improve the appearance of unsightly caesarean scars as part of a mommy makeover.
Your recovery periods will vary depending on the procedures. As a rule, you should be able to socialise again within a few days at most.
You should refrain from exercising for at least four weeks. Dr Koebe will personally provide specific instructions for sports and exercise and the respective procedure.
A mommy makeover will in no way affect future pregnancies. However, we would recommend that you only undergo the treatment once you have decided not to have further children. Another pregnancy could have a negative impact on the treatment results as the corrected problem areas could reoccur.
Every surgical procedure entails certain surgical risks. To guarantee you the highest degree of safety, all surgical procedures in the KOEBE KLINIK are personally performed by Dr Hermann Koebe. We enforce the strictest hygiene regulations throughout our clinic, which allows us to keep the surgical risks to a minimum. As part of an extensive discussion with each patient, Dr Koebe will explain all possible risks. Generally speaking, the potential complications in operations include wound healing disorders, infections and post-operative bleeding. If you experience any symptoms after the treatment, you should contact us immediately. Most side effects can be readily treated with medication.
We will also recommend suitable painkillers in the event that you experience mild pain after the treatment.
We offer a fair, transparent financing model that is also available for mommy makeovers – we would be happy to advise you in person at our clinic.
A MOMMY MAKEOVER
AT THE KOEBE KLINIK
- Senior physician treatment: Our specialist, Dr Hermann Koebe, personally performs all mommy makeover procedures. Dr Koebe has many years of experience in liposuction, breast surgery and body contouring. He works very delicately and strives to help every patient achieve the results they desire.
- Discretion: At the KOEBE KLINIK, you benefit from professional and discreet care. All of our appointments are held in a peaceful, trusting atmosphere. We would also be happy to accommodate requests for appointments outside our regular opening hours.
- Treatment under one roof: At the KOEBE KLINIK, we perform every step in the mommy makeover ourselves. We provide advice, aftercare and all treatment steps here in our well-equipped facilities. Dr Koebe will be available to you as your personal contact throughout your treatment.
- Caesarean section scars: Dr Hermann Koebe specialises in creating aesthetically inconspicuous scars that become almost invisible over time. Many women feel troubled by the scar from a caesarean section; we also have methods to remove or enhance the appearance of such scars as part of a mommy makeover.
- Overnight stay at the clinic: Many procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis. Should you need to stay with us overnight for medical reasons or simply because you would like more time to recover, we can accommodate you in our modern rooms. Our patient rooms and suite offer you with a perfect opportunity to recover in peace and quiet – in an atmosphere quite different to that of a conventional hospital.
- Licensed specialist clinic: Our clinic fulfils the highest standards for equipment (including our Class 1 operating theatre with a state-of-the-art air-conditioning system), hygiene and staff qualifications. Our work extends far beyond what you might consider standard.